733 Industrial Rd and 930 Brittan Ave, San Carlos, CA 94070
953 Indiana Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
Full Time, Mondays to Fridays, 8:00am to 5pm
MBC BioLabs is the Bay Area’s premier launchpad for early-stage life-science companies…and we are growing! With innovative entrepreneurs applying every day and not enough space to accommodate them all, we are now opening a second campus in San Carlos to complement our San Francisco location.
This is a unique role and a rewarding opportunity to join the best life science incubator community in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Lead a growing team dedicated to providing an exceptional co-working experience for life science entrepreneurs and oversee our state-of the-art laboratories and campus facilities.
You will be responsible for
- Laboratory, Facilities and IT operations for the San Francisco and San Carlos campuses totaling 78,000 square feet and growing
- Leading a growing team dedicated to ensuring an exceptional client and laboratory experience
- Develop strong rapport with clients and use insights into their evolving needs to develop and implement unique service offerings that maintain our leadership position with entrepreneurs
- Inculcate efficient and sustainable building, technology and people processes to meet our client needs and comply with regulatory and EHS requirements
- Program manage routine operations and special projects
- Develop budgets, effectively forecast and manage within targets
- Forge strong partnerships with suppliers, negotiate effective purchase agreements and manage inventory
- Oversee new construction for our continued expansion
Skills and Experience
- Scientific/Laboratory related leadership experience in a commercial environment
- Exceptional people leader with a track record of selecting and nurturing strong performers
- Agile/Lean process and people leadership experience developing standards, promoting process improvement
- Highly organized and results driven
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience in a client-service environment is vitally important, such as running an incubator or laboratory technical support preferably in life sciences industry
- Budgeting and reporting
- Strong interpersonal skills, a connector, with genuine interest in supporting the success of others
- Self-motivated, routinely initiate and deliver projects successfully with minimal supervision
- Strong IT skills
- Masters Level Scientific Education or commensurate experience preferred
Why MBC BioLabs?
For the last 14 years, we have been working to transform the life-science industry by enabling entrepreneurial scientists to create companies that are fast, focused, frugal! It used to be that it took millions of dollars and 6-10 months before a biotech startup could do their first experiment. We have radically changed that paradigm. Our labs allow startups to start gathering critical data in their first week – if not their first day; and they can do this for as little as couple of thousand dollars per month.
We give entrepreneurial scientists with a dream a chance to prove the value of their technology even though the venture community may have turned their back on them. When we started this 6 years ago, everyone said this would be a waste of time – “you’ll just create a intensive care unit for little companies.” Since we opened the doors of MBC BioLabs we have helped 167 companies get going, and those companies have gone on to raise over $4 billion and bring more than a dozen treatments to the clinic. This is what we mean when we say, we enable awesome!
However, we are not finished yet. We believe that we can continue to innovate. Working with you, we can find ways to make our startups even faster and more efficient, and that these improvements will mean that even more great science will turn into important treatments for patients.
953 Indiana Street, San Francisco
Full Time, Mondays to Fridays, 8:00am to 5pm
MBC BioLabs provides our resident companies with the best coworking laboratory space, equipment and services. This allows them to do experiments in the first week rather than 6-10 months. Our job is to allow them to focus on their science and to leave the complex task of running the lab to us. This is an important and yet really fun job – in fact, it’s Awesome! We have an important mission, wonderful team, and a terrific community. As a member of our team, your responsibilities will include keeping our coworking laboratory organized, optimized, and running smoothly. You will interface with our 45+ resident companies in support their daily operations – everything from keeping them stocked with the supplies they need to ensuring our equipment and facilities are running at peak performance. No specific technical skills required – if you share our vision of helping scientists find cures, have a passion for continually learning and improving, then we can teach you everything you need to know.
1) Respect for people – we only hire nice people who care for our clients and co-workers.
2) An eagerness to learn, continually improve, and to work hard.
3) A desire to help.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, be professional, enthusiastic, energetic, organized and detailed and client oriented – someone who naturally wants to help and enjoys learning new things. They will also demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
We’re an organization that constantly wants to learn and improve. We’re looking for team members who want the challenge of finding innovative ways to improve our customer service.
A new age of innovation is here. As new therapeutics vastly improve our quality of life and words like “cure” are closer than ever before, we have both the opportunity and the obligation to fuel innovation. By fundamentally changing the approach to life science research, we not only give entrepreneurs the playground to be creative but the freedom to see it through. We lower the barriers to entry, minimize the start-up hurdles and provide a launchpad to take theories from hypothesis to data. Because we believe their success will not only change their business, it will profoundly impact the lives of many.
Salary and Application
Sure, we provide competitive wages, but we also provide health benefits, paid vacation, mass transit bonus, and a 401K retirement program. Please apply – we’d love to see if you are a good fit for our team. Send your resume to email@example.com.