Amersham WB automated Western blot
Fully integrated system for SDS-PAGE and Western blotting of proteins based on fluorescence detection.
- Integrated Western blotting system with standardized protocols in every step minimizes assay variability.
- Dedicated consumables and reagents ensure high quality and reproducibility.
- Optimized prelabeling of samples with Cy5 NHS chemistry for proven performance, eliminating the need for gel staining.
- Reliable normalization by multiplexing target and control fluorescent signals on the same blot.
- Western blot workflow achieved in less than 4 h ensures fast, conclusive data.
- Smart control and evaluation software gives you complete control.
The Amersham WB system consists of the Amersham WB analyzer, Amersham WB software, and dedicated consumables for electrophoresis and Western blotting.
Amersham WB Analyzer
The Amersham WB analyzer is divided into two instrument units—one for electrophoresis and scanning and one for the full Western blot workflow including transfer, probing, and drying. The electrophoresis & scanning unit is used to separate SDS-treated sample proteins in a polyacrylamide gel. It is also used to scan gels after electrophoresis and scan polyvinylidene (PVDF) cards after probing and drying in a Western experiment.
The Western unit is used to:
- (1) transfer separated proteins in the gel to the PVDF membrane;
- (2) probe proteins on the membrane with primary antibodies and secondary antibodies conjugated to a CyDye;
- (3) dry the PVDF cards (before scanning in the electrophoresis & scanning unit).
The Amersham WB system provides standardized, quantitative, and reproducible analysis of proteins in your samples in a significantly shorter time compared with traditional workflows/procedures.