Website Alessa Therapeutics
Developing localized treatments for solid organ disease
Alessa Therapeutics is focused on development, clinical validation and commercialization of local, sustained drug delivery for treating solid organ disease. At Alessa, the work environment is creative and collaborative; we are driving an innovative technology through development, clinical trials, and ultimately to commercialization.
We are seeking a full-time R&D Engineer to actively participate on a multi-disciplinary team developing a new innovative technology focused on an unmet oncology need. Responsibilities of this key position include drug formulation development and testing for new and existing products in the Alessa portfolio. It is expected that this position will contribute to and support the company’s research and development efforts for current and future programs.
The candidate will enjoy and contribute to an intellectually stimulating work environment and become an integral member of an outstanding organizational culture that values and rewards top performers. Work is mostly in-person with opportunities for flexible schedules and some virtual work days.
Key Job Duties:
• Support development and testing of new formulations and manufacturing processes
• Analytical testing of long-term/sustained release drug formulations
• Conduct experiments independently, including documentation and data analysis
• Process Development and Evaluation/Validation of tooling and fixtures
• Documentation and drafting technical reports
• BA/BS in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science, or related discipline
• 1-3 years experience in a laboratory setting related to analytical chemistry, materials science, and/or bioengineering
• Familiarity with and interest in medical device and/or pharmaceutical product development
• Experience with extrusion or molding of medical devices is a plus
• Excellent data analysis and computational skills. Required – proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Preferred – scientific computing packages (MatLab, Python, etc.)
• Experience with analytical techniques such as HPLC, LCMS, or similar .
• Proficiency w/ CAD preferred but not required
• Familiarity with materials characterization (e.g. DSC, DMA, etc.). preferred but not required
• Highly motivated & flexible team player with a desire to learn from an experienced team
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org