Website Ambagon Therapeutics
Ambagon with a mission to provide new therapies for unmet needs
Ambagon Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and development of small molecule molecular glues stabilizing the interaction between the 14-3-3 adaptor proteins and their disease-promoting client proteins. Our academic founders are the world leaders in this novel approach and launched Ambagon with a mission to provide new therapies for unmet needs in oncology. Learn more at our website: www.ambagontx.com
Ambagon has an immediate opening for a Senior Scientist, Cell Biology. This role is an opportunity to join San Francisco-based Ambagon as an early employee, bringing your scientific talent and passion to build the company. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for creating and executing strategies toward discovery and early validation of oncology targets and will be part of a multi-disciplinary effort focused on high-quality, truth-seeking science to bring forward innovative cancer drug therapies. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of oncogenic pathways and experience in designing experiments to evaluate molecular interactions and pathways.
The successful candidate will lead Ambagon’s target discovery and validation efforts including, but not limited to:
- Build and lead a team responsible for target selection and validation from the 14-3-3 interactome of thousands of client proteins
- Establish and apply chemical biology tools to model molecular glues for 14-3-3 and client proteins
- Develop and apply systematic approaches to target validation using gene loss- and gain-of-function tools (cDNA overexpression, RNAi, CRISPR, shRNA) in mammalian cell culture
- Lead assay development specific to new targets, using standard cellular and molecular biology techniques (flow cytometry, western blot, ELISA, cell-based reporter assays, microscopy)
- Develop modular methods for large scale target validation
- Evaluate emerging technologies, methods, and service providers to ensure our work is innovative, scientifically sound and efficient
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team, build and manage relationships with external CROs and academic investigators to facilitate the success of projects
- Ensure clear and up-to-date experimental records and reports
- Train and supervise Research Associates, interns, and other laboratory personnel
- Perform other duties as required
The position requires the following experience and qualifications:
- Ph.D. and postdoctoral training in cancer biology, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or a related field with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience in the field of cancer research
- Experience mentoring and supervising scientific laboratory staff
- Hands-on experience in development, optimization and execution of cellular assays applying multiple techniques including ELISA, flow cytometry, Western, CRISPR
- Strong expertise in developing cancer cell functional assays
- Experience with bioinformatics is a plus
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, multi-task and manage own and other’s time efficiently
- Flexibility within a fast-moving start up environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We offer a chance to work with talented people in a collaborative environment and offer a competitive package including, benefits, generous time off, stock options and much more. Ambagon Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. In accordance with applicable law, Ambagon does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jobscore.com.