Who We Are
Arda is targeting cells to treat disease. We are taking aim at chronic diseases and aging by eliminating the pathological cells that drive these conditions.
A new approach to old diseases
Cells are the functional units of life, but they are also the functional units of disease. Many diseases are caused by certain cell populations becoming too abundant or active; for example, the overgrowth of stromal cell types contributes to fibrosis, while the excessive activation of particular immune cells leads to chronic inflammation. Arda’s hypothesis is that removing these cells will delay or reverse disease progression.
Our approach starts by using single-cell data to identify pathological cells and specific markers to target them. We then design therapies to eliminate these – and only these – cells. We are initially focused on treating chronic diseases, with the long-term goal of extending healthy lifespan.
Arda is a seed-stage biotech located in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are backed by Andreessen Horowitz, GV, The Longevity Fund, Village Global, Axial, NJF and others. Our mission is clear, our commitment is strong, and our expectations are high. Come build with us.
What we value
Rigor. Decisions are based on data. Persuasive arguments are built from evidence and logic, not from authority or wishful thinking. Truth is paramount.
Impact. We measure outputs, not inputs. We think carefully about where to put our goalposts, and once placed, we drive toward them with zeal. Value comes from contribution, not credentials.
Community. Whether we succeed or fail, we do so as a team. We communicate with transparency and speak to one another with respect. We reject hypotheses, not people.
Accountability. To our patients and to each other. We are each responsible for our words, actions, and results.
Grit. Doing science means being wrong, a lot. We strive for progress, not perfection. We persevere. We build skill and knowledge through consistent and deliberate effort.
Your mission as a Research Associate is to turn dreams into data. Specifically, you will move Arda’s pipeline from the world of bits to the world of microliters by experimentally validating computationally-predicted targets. This is an opportunity to shape the company from the very beginning. Your input will be essential to Arda’s strategy, process, and culture. The experience you gain in this role is a rare commodity that will establish you as an operator and builder.
In this role, you will:
- Execute laboratory protocols involving tissue dissociation, FACS, immunohistochemistry, bulk and single-cell library preparation, microscopy, multiplex imaging, antibody validation, viral vectors, mammalian cell culture, and primary immune cells
- Generate clear, comprehensive data packages that inform decision making
- Continually improve Arda’s experimental workflows
The primary measures of success for this role will be the quantity and quality of data produced
- You have earned a Bachelor or Master degree in biological sciences or related discipline, with at least 2 years of experience working in industry
- Your wet lab experience includes many of the techniques and tools listed above and a passion for generating data
- You are an exceptional communicator, detail-oriented, and a compulsive record keeper
- Nice-to-have: in vivo experience, experience with data analysis tools such as FlowJo and GraphPad Prism
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org