Website Clover Therapeutics
Clover Therapeutics – Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Biology
Clover Therapeutics has built a large, re-contactable, and longitudinal patient community dedicated to developing precision medicine approaches for diseases of aging. Our research platform combines genetics with deeply-phenotyped longitudinal patient populations to uncover the genetic basis of disease progression. We pursue drug discovery programs with genetically-supported therapeutic targets and develop companion diagnostics that match drug mechanisms with patient genetic risk profiles.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our therapeutic programs in Ophthalmology. In this role, you will support drug discovery teams by developing and performing in vitro assays to assess target biology, mechanism of action of drug candidates and identification of leads. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, growing team and contribute to the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for aging related disorders. Ideal candidates will have experience with mammalian cell culture, assay development, and drug discovery research. Good communication, teamwork, enthusiasm, and high scientific acumen are key attributes for this position.
This position is based at our laboratory in San Carlos, CA.
· Work with biology team to develop and perform in vitro assays including but not limited to cell-based functional assays, protein expression, affinity chromatography, flow cytometry, SPR, ELISA, SDS/PAGE and immunocytochemistry.
· Engineer and maintain mammalian cell lines.
· Design, execute, and analyze experiments, generating publication-quality data.
· Independently optimize and troubleshoot assays, creatively solving problems.
· Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning.
· Organize, analyze, and communicate results in team meetings.
· BS with 4+ years (or MS with 1-2+ years) of laboratory experience in biomedical research or drug discovery.
· Must have experience with cell-based assays and mammalian cell culture. Experience in assay development and optimization is desired.
· Must have excellent troubleshooting and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced start-up environment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Experience with immunology or protein therapeutics is preferred.
You will love this job if:
· You are a strong scientific researcher who is looking to make substantial contributions to discovering novel medicines.
· You are passionate about addressing large unmet needs in aging-related diseases.
· You enjoy developing new skills, and like working in a constantly evolving environment.
· You get excited to collaborate with experimental scientists and are motivated by working with multiple disease phenotypes.
· You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and operate effectively in smaller team settings.
· You enjoy presenting your work to diverse groups including technical and non-technical audiences.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com