Website Clover Therapeutics
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join our therapeutic programs in Ophthalmology. In this role, you will support drug discovery teams by developing and performing in vitro assays to assess target biology, mechanism of action of drug candidates and identification of leads. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, growing team and contribute to the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for aging related disorders. Good communication, teamwork, enthusiasm, and high scientific acumen are key attributes for this position.
Clover Therapeutics is a discovery biopharmaceutical company with an emphasis on aging related disorders. We have built a large, re-contactable, and longitudinal patient community dedicated to developing precision medicine approaches for diseases of aging. Our research platform combines genetics with deeply-phenotyped longitudinal patient populations to uncover the genetic basis of disease progression. We pursue drug discovery programs with genetically-supported targets and develop companion diagnostics that match drug mechanisms with patient genetic risk profiles.
· Work with biology team to develop and perform in vitro assays including but not limited to cell-based functional assays, flow cytometry, SPR, ELISA, SDS/PAGE and microscopy.
· Engineer and maintain mammalian cell lines.
· Independently plan and execute experiments, paying close attention to details while making informed decisions.
· Troubleshoot and optimize assays, creatively solving problems.
· Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning.
· Organize, analyze, and communicate results in team meetings.
· BS with 4+ years (or MS with 1-2+ years) of research experience in cell biology, biochemistry or related discipline.
· Must have experience in developing and optimizing cell-based or in vitro biochemical assays. Additional experience in SDS-PAGE, SPR, ELISA, flow cytometry, microscopy and mammalian cell culture is desired.
· Must be nimble and able to work with changing priorities
· Must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
· Must have excellent troubleshooting and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced start-up environment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Experience with lipid biology is preferred.
You will love this job if:
· You are a strong scientific researcher who is looking to make substantial contributions to discovering novel medicines
· You are committed to helping patients achieve better health – both in the short and long-term – while building the best possible patient experience in all research activities.
· You are passionate about addressing large unmet needs in aging-related diseases.
· You get excited to collaborate with experimental scientists and are motivated by working with multiple disease phenotypes.
· You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and work effectively operating in smaller team settings.
· You are nimble, and like working in a constantly evolving environment.
· You enjoy presenting your work to diverse groups including technical and non-technical audiences.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org