Website Dorian Therapeutics
Preclinical stage biotech company developing Senoblockers
Dorian is a preclinical stage biotech company developing Senoblockers, a new class of therapeutics that rejuvenate cells and tissues. The Senoblocker technology is based on a breakthrough discovery made by the founders at Stanford University unveiling a novel pathway crucial for tissue aging. The company is currently developing Senoblockers toward several diseases, including chronic kidney disease and osteoarthritis, and to improve cellular therapies.
Dorian is located in San Carlos (CA) at MBC Biolabs, a vibrant biotech incubator providing state of the art equipment and a strong community to more than 50 resident companies.
We are seeking a curious and passionate scientist to join our team and contribute to the
development of our preclinical programs.
The candidate will be working hand-in-hand with the founders and the rest of the team in
advancing our novel technology towards IND and clinical trials.
- Proactively contribute and co-lead Dorian’s pre-clinical programs
- Design, optimize, execute, analyze and validate functional in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays for small molecule drug discovery
- Design and execute experimental plans in a timely manner
- Follow the relevant scientific literature, participate in scientific conferences, and contribute to writing grants and publications
- Proactively review discovery research literature to contribute the newest scientific findings, ideas, and methods/technologies to the team
- Participate in company meetings, communicate regularly with team members regarding project progress and experimental plans
- Supervise and mentor interns and research associates
- Interact with CROs and external academic and industry partners involved in our preclinical program
- Ensure robust data reporting, troubleshooting, quality control and archiving
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related field
- A minimum of 4+ years of recent experience in industry setting
- Excellent in vitro cell biology and analytical thinking skills are required
- Hands-on experience with a variety of in vitro assays (such as enzymatic assays, reporter gene assays, cell viability, Western blot, microscopy, flow cytometry, transfection, virus transduction) is required
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and/or stem cells) is required
- Hands-on experience with biophysical characterization of small molecules (SPR, TSA, …) and testing of small molecules in in vitro assays are desired
- Familiarity with automation and high-throughput assays
- Experience in preclinical programs and/or IND-enabling studies for small molecules is desired
- Adapt to fast-paced environment and priority shift effectively and efficiently
To apply for this job please visit www.doriantherapeutics.com.