Website Edulis Labs
Reinventing Hair Color Technology
Technology for coloring hair has not been reinvented in 116 years despite being toxic, damaging to hair, and poorly predictable. To put this in perspective, in the same period of time, we’ve progressed from the Ford Model T to self-driving taxis, synthesis of the first peptide bond to AlphaFold, and color photography to the iPhone 15.
Edulis Labs is a venture-backed, pre-seed-stage startup reinventing the $25bn hair dye industry through modern material science. Our team brings together PhD-level scientists, industry leading executives, and professional colorists around a single mission: deliver the core technology to define the next 116 years of the industry.
Edulis is hiring a senior polymer chemist to lead technical development of our patent-pending color technology. This role is a unique leadership opportunity to take a proof-of-concept technology to commercialization stage within a multi-billion dollar global market. The ideal candidate would be resourceful, adaptable, and highly motivated to deliver industry-shifting technology. The candidate should be able to lead a small research team and oversee all aspects of a research project (design, resource procurement, execution, analysis, and communication) in a time-sensitive manner.
- PhD or 4+ years research experience in Organic Chemistry, Material Science, or a similar Field
- Resilient, team-oriented, mission-driven outlook
- Technical expertise in polymer synthesis, polymer conjugation chemistry and polymer engineering
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Resourceful and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to be a generalist where needed
- Desire to be a key leader and owner in something from inception to exit
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Experience managing/training scientists
- Passion for public health and bringing pharma-worthy innovation to the consumer sector
- Polymer synthesis
- High-standard experimental design and execution
- Analysis, communication, and troubleshooting of results
- Training/supervision of scientists
- Competitive salary and strong equity compensation
- Room for professional growth
- Health/dental insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com