Website Mabswitch Inc
MabSwitch is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated scientist with a background in immunology or cell biology gained either in an academic or industry setting. The candidate will bring a strong understanding of T cell biology and will lead the design, execution and analysis of in vitro and in vivo assays to assess anti-tumor activity of compounds like next-generation T cell engagers or CAR-T cells based on MabSwitch’s proprietary Universal Allosteric-Linker and Switch Module for Antibodies (UNASMATM) technology in accordance with specifications driven by the intended application. Candidates with strong expertise in cell-based assays, mouse tumor models and cancer immunology will be given preference.
What you will do
• Undertake cell biology activities including working (isolation, characterization, and assay set up) with primary human and murine immune cells, tumor cell lines used in immuno-oncology research, and primary patient- derived cells.
• Design and execute experiments involving immune cell profiling, cell processing from xenograft models, cytotoxicity, proliferation, activation, cell viability, and survival assays with a strong focus on flow cytometry to analyze the function of bispecific antibody compounds or CAR-T cells in cell assays.
• Responsibilities will also include the application of such assays in compound screening, optimization, and characterization.
• Generation of reagents for projects including preparation of lentivirus for the transduction of both established cell lines and primary immune cells.
• Selection, study design, project management and data analysis for animal models to analyze anti-tumor effects to be executed by external partners
• Immunological analyses related to the cellular and animal models
• Gene editing of primary human immune cells using state of the art technologies like CRISPR, TALEN, and other endonucleases and molecular biology experiments including DNA and protein preparation from cells, immunoprecipitation, western blots, etc.
• Collaborate with market segment/ application lead to plan the experimental strategy
• Responsible to interpret, record and present in vitro and in vivo model data, and draw reasonable conclusions and communicate the results to the project teams
• Perform all necessary biochemical analyses to assess the functions of compounds and CAR-T cells in cell-based assays like cell killing assays, immunohistochemical assessment or flow cytometry
• Independently identify and implement problem solutions from the published literature
• Preparation of reports and presentation of results at regular team meetings.
• Provide support to the team in all immunological questions
• Communicate and collaborate with other colleagues effectively
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities for successful project completion
What You’ll Bring
• Ph.D. with up to 2 years of research experience in cell or tumor immunology, cell biology or related fields OR Master’s/ Bachelor’s with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and a track record of accomplishments and publications
• Technical expertise in wide range of tumor immunology techniques, including cell culture, flow cytometry, microscopy, xenograft models and bioinformatics tools
• Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture, tumor cell assays, cytokine quantification
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Critical thinking with high degree of innovative and analytical skills
• Self-propelled motivation to generate the immunotherapies of the 21st century
• Industry experience in immunology or tumor research
• Ability to work in a fast-moving startup environment
• Working knowledge from bispecific antibody and CAR-T cell experiments
• Working knowledge of tumor models in mice and mouse immunology
• Working knowledge and experience in T/B/NK/macrophage cell biology
• Working knowledge and experience with gene editing, cell transfection and transduction systems
• Experience preparing reagents for in vivo assays and In vivo experiments
• Experience with protein engineering and antibody design
• Experience using biological and statistical software such as Prism, FlowJo, or JMP is important.
What we offer
• Option for fast career progression that is only possible in a small startup
• Flexible working hours
• Highly enthusiastic team
• Attractive compensation package
Please send us your complete application (cover letter incl. the reference number MABS0005, curriculum vitae, proof of qualifications, employer’s reference etc.), as one PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com