We discover complex biologics to improve clinical outcomes
Associate Scientist I or II
Molecular Biology / Cell Culture
Proteologix, Inc. / San Carlos, CA
Proteologix is a newly founded biopharmaceutical startup headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our primary mission is to discover transformative biologics to solve complex and unmet therapeutic needs of patients afflicted with grievous immunological diseases. We believe deeply in the power of collaboration and teamwork, and that collective wisdom enables better decision making in the development of life-sparing medicines. The management team at Proteologix is comprised of industry experts having extensive experience and success in bringing innovative biologics to stages of clinical development and market approval. Our strengths in antibody discovery and protein engineering are recognized as among the best in industry, which in turn offers a competitive advantage in developing best-in-class biologic therapies to serve growing populations of patients worldwide.
Proteologix offers competitive salary and benefits packages including attractive stock options, 401k matching, and rich medical, dental and vision insurance plans with optional FSA and HSA saving accounts for qualifying medical policies administered by Aetna and Kaiser Permanente.
Our Protein Science team is looking for a highly motivated Associate Scientist to conduct and troubleshoot molecular cloning projects and transient transfection cell culture processes to support the discovery and development of novel immunotherapies for autoimmune diseases and cancer. The successful candidate will be deeply involved in experimental planning, troubleshooting and high-impact execution.
BS or BA in Biology, Biochemical or Chemical Engineering, or other related scientific discipline with 0-3 years of relevant wet lab experience.
Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas of academic or industrial research:
· Cell culture (human & mouse cell lines)
· Molecular cloning
· Work alongside supervising Scientist to design, execute and troubleshoot molecular cloning, gene synthesis, protein expression to support novel therapeutic antibody discovery and development
· Perform molecular cloning and protein engineering techniques including, but not limited to, RNA and DNA isolation, primer design, PCR, RT-PCR, gene assemblies, DNA preps/purifications
· Maintain cell lines and conduct small scale transient transfection in HEK/CHO cells for recombinant protein expression
· Contribute to establish and optimize vector design, cloning and transient expression platforms
· Collaborate with groups and teammates across research functions
· Prepare slides and present experimental data clearly and concisely at weekly project updates
· Maintain accurate and orderly scientific records and lab notebook entries
· Effective communication and accountability are essential requirements for this position
Please email Danming.Tang@Proteologix.com for additional information about this job posting.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org