Rosebud Biosciences is a Y Combinator-backed startup developing therapies for genetic diseases in children. We do this by modeling human development with organoids that have the same gene mutation as the child, and screen drugs in these models to find cures. A full-time Scientist 1 position is immediately available to support our organoid disease modeling and therapeutic screening pipelines.
We seek a creative, highly motivated individual with a background in molecular and mammalian stem cell biology to join us at Rosebud. Candidates should have direct experience with stem cell culture and molecular techniques including CRISPR and cellular transduction and transfection methods. Although not required, direct experience with cardiac or liver stem cell differentiation is preferred. This is a hands-on laboratory position in a high-growth startup in which there will be immediate opportunities for impact and leadership on Day One.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in molecular or cell biology or similar field, or equivalent industry experience
- Proficiency with mammalian stem cell culture is essential
- Proficiency with basic molecular biology techniques, including CRISPR, is essential
- Preferred (but not required): experience with cardiac or liver stem cell differentiation
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams
- Flexibility and willingness to accept increasing leadership roles as the company scales
- A passion for discovering new therapies for the most vulnerable among us
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org