Website Scribe Biosciences
Scribe Biosciences is an early-stage UCSF spin-out with a mission to accelerate immunotherapy discovery by democratizing access to breakthrough technologies. We have developed a microfluidic approach to combine, assay, and sequence single cells at unheard of precision and throughput. The technology is a broadly useful platform that is being used to create a new paradigm of functional screening assays.
We are looking for an ambitious multi-disciplinary scientist to lead biology development on Scribe’s novel microfluidic platform. This is an opportunity to join an exciting startup at the ground floor and to put your personal stamp on future development. We seek a collaborative professional who can adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Lead single-cell biology team
- Select and build model and engineered cell systems
- Develop and manage relationships with cell partners and vendors
- Optimize the performance of model target/effector interaction systems on Scribe’s microfluidic platform
- Develop standard methods and protocols for the handling of collaboration partner samples.
- Perform cell-based functional assays for cytokine secretion, activation, and cytotoxicity.
- Develop single-cell genomics protocols using commercial products.
- Publish results in top journals
Qualifications and Skill:
- PhD in immunology, cancer biology, cell biology, biophysics or a relevant field
- Minimum two years of post-doctoral or industry experience
- Experience leading small science teams
- Expert in mammalian cell culture
- Expertise in multi-color flow cytometry, imaging cytometry, and analysis software
- Must have experience with tumor associated immune cell-based functional assays (activation, differentiation, proliferation, suppression, target cell killing), cytokine analysis, primary cell isolation, basic molecular biology (ELISA, qRT-PCR, western blot) and tissue culture techniques
- Experience transfecting mammalian cell lines using standard reporter constructs.
- Experience with basic cloning strategies and viral transduction methods.
Experience with single cell technologies including genomics and corresponding data analysis preferred.
Due to the current business challenges posed by the pandemic, applicants must be willing to adopt a flexible work schedule depending on need. Scribe is currently located in San Francisco but will relocate to Bakar Labs at U.C. Berkeley in early 2022.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, and excellent health benefits.
We are a company that values employee growth and learning and as such this position will be expected to grow in responsibility and scope as the company scales. Participation in scientific discussions, troubleshooting, and review is also expected.
We value diversity of personal identity, experience, and thought. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com