What you will own at Wildtype
- Design and implement processes for new cell lines/species
Continuously optimize process to improve culture efficiency and yield at bench scale
- Assist in company efforts to scale up cell culture
What you bring to the table
- Willingness to challenge the status quo; unafraid to break things in order to build something better
- Education in bioprocess engineering, biochemical engineering, mechanical engineering, cell biology or biochemistry with prior process development experience (measured by impact, not years)
- Strong analytical skills
- Enjoy testing new hypotheses with experiments
- Preferred, but not required: experience with automation
What we’ll teach you
- What is it like to work in a super talented startup group where we challenge/inspire each other to do better for the collective good of the company
- How we developed dozens of marine cell lines and adapted some of them to suspension culture, and invite you to make suggestions on how we could do better for new lines/species
- Our current suspension culture process (for you to analyze, take apart, and rebuild)
- Within 1 month you will have formed some questions regarding Wildtype’s current suspension culture process, and designed preliminary experiments to address those questions.
- Within 3 months You will have set your professional development goals for the next 2 years. You will have developed your own initial hypotheses based on prior run data and started testing those hypotheses for the purpose of increasing cell culture efficiency and yield. You will have been hitting the floor and running your experiments with other crewmates.
- Within 6 months you will have gathered enough data to validate/invalidate your initial hypotheses. You will have presented your findings to the entire R&D branch and made your recommendations to the next steps of process development. You will also have been exposed to our new cell line establishment/development efforts and provided your inputs from the process development perspective (eg., clone selection, culture format, feed strategy). Depending on your professional development goals, you will have started investing some time into building/managing your own team, and/or training others on process development.
- Within 12 months you will have established new bench scale processes for suspension culture of our workhorse cell lines to improve yield. You will also have developed culturing processes for multiple novel cell lines from new species.
Wildtype is committed to building a diverse workplace spanning multiple dimensions including race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com