Website Wildtypefoods Wildtype
Cellular Agriculture Company
Wildtype is on a mission to create the cleanest, most sustainable seafood on the planet, starting with sushi-grade salmon. We’re pioneering cellular agriculture to protect wild species and our oceans, and to reverse trends of global food insecurity. Wildtype will provide consumers with a new option for real seafood that provides the same nutritional benefits as the most pristine wild-caught fish, without common contaminants such as mercury, microplastics, antibiotics, or pesticides.
We were founded in 2016 by Aryé Elfenbein, a cardiologist and molecular biologist, and Justin Kolbeck (CEO), a former US diplomat who served in Pakistan and Afghanistan, in an effort to solve one of the world’s biggest problems: how to feed a growing population without stripping the earth of its natural resources and biodiversity. Investors include L Catterton, Jeff Bezos, Spark Capital, CRV, Temasek, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Robert Downey Jr.’s Footprint Coalition, among others.
Come join us in transforming our food system for good!
Your work at Wildtype
- Lead Wildtype’s muscle stem cell research program, including stem cell expansion, improving muscle differentiation efficiency, increasing protein content, and enhancing protein fiber alignment
- Independently design and manage research projects, and track progress toward milestones
- Work cross-functionally across our cell biology, cell line development, media & metabolism, and tissue engineering teams
- Your research will be predominantly on-site, working in our cell biology laboratories
What you bring to Wildtype
- 3+ years working with muscle stem cells, skeletal, or cardiac myocyte differentiation. A PhD in a field relevant to stem cell biology and/or myogenesis is preferred, but not required.
- How you apply what you learned in your studies to conduct hypothesis-driven experiments
- A hunger for learning, growth, and being part of a fast-moving, dynamic team
- Ability to work independently in experiment planning, design, execution, optimization, data analysis, interpretation, and communication
- Excellent organizational, communication skills and a track record of effective collaboration in complex projects
- Mission-driven, creative, and entrepreneurial
What we’ll teach you
- How to apply your academic training to a rapidly-growing startup environment
- How to work with a fast-moving, interdisciplinary team working at the leading edge of several fields
Within 1 month you’ll have internalized team goals, and gained a high level understanding of various scientific techniques as well as workflows. You will have designed and conducted your first experiment on your own, with the support of your scientific mentor. You will have learned some basic techniques and will be comfortable carrying out these tasks without supervision. You will have defined your professional development goals for the next twelve months.
Within 3 months you will be independently leading your first research project on myogenic progenitor cells. You would have also presented your research findings at our company-wide meetings.
Within 6 months you will have demonstrated the ability to take a complex project from the rough concept stage to completion. In your interactions with Wildtype’s broader crew, you will actively build community and seek out opportunities to help members on other teams. You will be ready to assume responsibility for multiple complex projects that require breadth and depth of technical competency.
Within 12 months you will be ready to assume responsibility for major projects at Wildtype. In doing this, you will prepare and present detailed research plans with prioritization and relevant dependencies in support of company goals. You will be able to enlist support from others in the company (both in terms of personnel and material resources) to see your projects to conclusion. You will be able to visualize where your workstream will be in 6-12 months and work backwards from these outcomes to define detailed work plans. Your crewmates at Wildtype will recognize you as a subject matter expert in muscle stem cell research.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com